Monday, May 30, 2011

Sea World Orlando

We got up early Saturday morning and piled into the car, heading south to Orlando for the long holiday weekend. Our first stop for the weekend was Sea World. I've been to the Sea Worlds in San Diego and the one that no longer exists in Ohio, but never Orlando, so it was a new experience for all of us. We arrived around 2:30 and it was hot. 90 degrees and humid. We got Brady covered in sunscreen, but we waited until we got into the park to put ours on since we needed to put our contacts in. It was so hot and sunny, that by the time we got from the car to the park, I was already starting to burn my shoulders. Brady already had beads of sweat on his nose. Poor kid.

Our first stop was the dolphin nursery and Bra
dy loved when they came to the surface. Of course, he called them puppies. We went to the sea otter and sea lion show next, but Brady was not in the mood to sit there and watch since they move slowly and didn't keep his attention for very long. We tried the dolphin show next. He watched for a few minutes, but then they released a lot of birds and they flew right over our heads. He loved that! He screeched so loud that Andy thought it was one of the birds. There was more time spent during that show of people doing acrobatic tricks over the water, than watching the dolphins, so Andy and I joked that the dolphins have unions.

We saved the big
show for last. Shamu! Brady was getting tired and paid a little attention, but Andy had to take him out before it ended. They had five adult orca whales and a baby orca. I haven't seen them in person since I was a little girl, so it was amazing to watch them. They're truly magnificent and graceful creatures. After the show, we got Brady some ice cream (which he of course loved) and then rode the carousel. He liked that too.

We called it a day after that and headed to our hotel in Disney. It was still warm at 9PM, so we headed to the pool and Brady went right back into swim mode, even though he hasn't had a class since December! He was cold after getting out and you have to leave your towels at the pool, so Andy let him wear the shirt he brought with him an
d he was swimming in it, but so happy. We were all exhausted. We don't know why we even bother bringing a Pack N Play with us when we travel anymore, since Brady insists on sleeping with us in the bed or he screams. Instead of laying the same way as us, he put his head by me and his feet by Andy and in the middle of the night he started to push me to the edge of the bed. Crazy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment