Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Winnie the Pooh



Winnie the Pooh has always been my favorite cartoon character. I always had the stuffed animals in my room and each Christmas, I collect the winter stuffed Pooh characters that they put out in the Disney Store. I knew long before I ever had children, that when I did, they would have a Winnie the Pooh themed nursery and much more. I had picked out the matching car seat, stroller, swing, pack n play, bouncy seat, walker, and high chair. Luckily everything was unisex, so it wouldn't matter if I had a boy or a girl first.




Brady's nursery in Michigan. It's the same here in SC, except the walls are yellow.



Since having Brady, those ideas have become a r
eality. He has the Winnie the Pooh nursery, complete with Pooh bedding, lamp, night light, wall border, and even some Pooh cross stitch that I'd had framed. He has all the Winnie the Pooh matching gear. Anytime I find Pooh clothing, I buy it and he was even Winnie the Pooh for his first Halloween. He had a Pooh play mat and tummy time garden when he was very small. His first birthday was a Winnie the Pooh theme and he even got a Pooh Bear arm chair that he goes to when we ask him to go get his Pooh Bear.

In his Pooh swing at 1 month old


On his tummy time garden at 1 month old


In his Pooh bouncy chair (turned off because he hated it) at 1 month old



1 month old


Easter Pooh Bear 6 weeks old


2 months old


On his Pooh play mat
5 months old


6 months old


Halloween 7 months old

Pooh stacking rings 7
months old


8 months old


Christmas Pooh 9 months old


Pooh car for Christmas 10 months old


Pooh arm chair for his birthday 12 months


Pooh birthday cake 12 months old


When I heard that they were releasing a new Winnie the Pooh movie, I was so excited. I remember growing up in the area of all the great Disney animation hitting the big screen, so it was an opportunity for me to return to that time with my own son. This afternoon, my mom and I took Brady to see the movie since it's been out for over a week and there wouldn't be many people there. Turns out that we were the only ones in the theatre, so Brady could run around to his hearts content without bothering anyone. He did watch a good bit of it and it's great when you're old enough to appreciate the adult humor they put into cartoons. We had a great time and I'm really glad I got to take Brady to see Pooh on the big screen. When we make it back to Disney World in December, we plan on doing a character dinner with the cast of Winnie the Pooh and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment