Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cars 2



Two weeks ago, I took Brady to see Cars 2 in the movie theatre. This is not Brady's first time at the movies. When he was 4 months old, I took him to see Toy Story 3 one day after Gymboree because Andy was getting us moved out of our old apartment and I wanted to see it. He was really good and slept half of the time. We went to see Tangled when we visited Detroit in March and he didn't last very long. Andy was with us, and he took Brady into the hallway and let him walk up and down until the movie was over. He's much better when watching TV now, so I waited until the movie had been out for a few weeks to minimize the number of people in the theatre. There were only 4 other people there and Brady sat in my lap so nicely during all the previews (and trust me, there were WAY too many previews), and even during the Toy Story Short about a Hawaiian Vacation, which was special for me because Hawaii holds a very special place in our hearts because that's where Brady was made. The second the movie started, he wanted to be moving. I moved down to the handicap seats so he would have more area to move and he ran all around, up and down the stairs, over and over.

I really liked the movie and it was cool because it was very James Bond and the main theme is a World Grand Prix. It was cool because they were in a lot of the places we will be visiting like Paris and London. When we found out this and the toys were released in stores, we made the decision that Brady's 2nd birthday (which will occur in Germany) will be a Cars birthday. We are getting him the Grand Prix race set, with the add-ons of the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben, plus both movies. By the time we get back, he will understand the movies more and will always be able to say he was in those places, which I think is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment