Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Brady's Aunt Dunny


My best friend, Jenn, aka Dunny, has been my friend for a long time. We met right before our freshman year at Pitt, when we roomed together at band camp in Bradford, PA. We were both in the Pitt Color Guard. We really bonded during that time at camp and have been friends ever since! We've had a lot of adventures and shenanigans over the last 7 years ;)


At band camp sophomore year (2005).


At the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY for the Pitt vs. Syracuse game (2006).


At band camp senior year (2007).


Pitt game during senior year (2007).


My wedding (May 2009).



Dunny has been a very big part of Brady's life as well. She was the very first person to visit us the hospital after Brady was born. She made it there just over an hour after he was born and was the first one to hold him besides us. I have a funny story about the hospital (and I know she'll kill me for sharing). I finally got into a room after Brady was born and she was waiting outside with my dad and brother and she mentioned to the nurse that she had better take good care of her "Boo." The nurse then asked if she was the proud grandma! She almost died on the spot. Dunny is actually younger than me.


1 hour after Brady was born (February 19, 2010). She came straight from work and texted that she was coming to the hospital after work whether he was born or not. Love that girl!


In the hospital again when Brady was 1 day old (February 20, 2010).


Hanging out at the apartment in Oakland when Brady was 1 week old (February 28, 2010).



Dunny is Brady's honorary aunt. She is super awesome and always buys him presents after I tell her that she doesn't have to. I don't know what I would have done without her after Brady was born and even before. When we had that crazy blizzard right before Brady was born and our car died, she was always ready to come pick me up and take me to the hospital if I needed her to. She was at our house several times a week during Brady's first month and would always bring us a dinner when we needed it. She was even amazing enough to come and take Brady out of the house when we were trying to finish the final packing trying to move out of our apartment in Oakland. It's funny because she always felt like she was taking advantage holding the baby the whole time she was over and I felt like I was talking advantage of her because I could get so much done when she was over holding the baby. She is an invaluable friend and I love her.


Visiting us in Michigan and going with us to the pumpkin patch (October 2010).


Our last trip home to go to the Pitt vs. Utah game. We hung out the entire time before the game (October 2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment