Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nikki's Birthday Weekend in Switzerland

 




I recently wrote about our friend, Nadia, coming to visit us in Stuttgart from Zurich.  While she was here, she invited us to come visit her for a weekend in Zurich.  It just so happened that the best weekend for both of us was my birthday weekend.  Andy and I had decided before we left the States that since both our birthdays and our anniversary would occur over here, that we'd just say that all of our trips would be our presents.  The fact that we would be on a trip on my actual birthday was just an added bonus.

We made plans for Brady and I to come on a train by ourselves on Thursday morning.  Andy's plan was to follow on Friday night after work, and we would all take a train together back to Stuttgart on Sunday night (my actual birthday).

It was an amazing weekend packed full of sightseeing and hanging with great friends.  Nadia, her boyfriend, Andrew, and their two and a half month old daughter, Leila, were amazing hosts and tour guides.  We will be forever grateful to them for showing us all the sides of Switzerland.  There's no way we would have done or learned as much without their help and guidance.

Over the course of four days, we managed to take almost 300 pictures between myself and Nadia.  That means in order to do Switzerland justice to all of you who have never been there, I'll have to break up my posts by days so they don't get outrageously long.  The plan is to make one post for each day we were there, and I can't wait to share some of the most amazing views and sights with all of you! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to these pictures - Switzerland is one place I dream of visiting! How cool to be there on your birthday - that would be a dream come true for me.

    ReplyDelete