Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Best Gift I've Ever Received


This has to be one of the best Christmases I've ever had. Not only was Brady at a great age to open presents and be excited about the gifts he received, but I also was given the most personal amazing gift that I've ever received.

Andy's younger brother, Patrick, started dating his girlfriend, Chaleece, two days after Andy and I started dating. This meant that we entered the Trap family at the same time and have known each other as long as we've known the brothers. She's as much a part of the family as I am and she is Aunt Leecie to Brady, even though she and Patrick aren't married. We hope that someday she does become an official part of the family because she's already my sister in every way that counts.

This Christmas, she gifted me with a beautiful quilted wall hanging that her mother had put together. She had printed out four pictures of Brady all throughout his short life. The top left is when he was one day old, the top right is last year at his first Christmas (9 months old), the bottom left is this summer (18 months old), and the bottom right was this Christmas (21 months old). I've never received something so thoughtful and unique. As we are getting ready to move, it'll be placed in storage until we get back, but Chaleece also gave me quilt wall hangers, so that I can hang it on the wall. It's the perfect thing, along with our wedding portrait to hang in our living room forever. Thanks again Chaleece!

No comments:

Post a Comment