Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Portraits 2012






Last week we had Brady's Christmas portraits taken.  The past two years we've done them the week before Thanksgiving because portrait studios are crazy busy and crowded right after Thanksgiving as everyone goes to get Christmas portraits.  This way we avoid the rush and can relax knowing there isn't someone right behind us breathing down our necks.  I was a little nervous after this summer's trouble getting portraits taken with Brady.  I made sure to practice with him and tell him where we were going.  He loves to say, "Boo," and for me to act surprised or scared, so I figured that might be my trick to get a genuine smile and it worked a good bit.  We didn't get as many great shots as in the past, but I'm happy with what we got.  I probably save more money when he doesn't take a million great shots and I can't choose between them.  The top one I bought because it shows off his whole outfit, even if the smile isn't quite as genuine.



Andy really liked this one, but I don't know what it is about it that I feel it doesn't look like Brady.  Maybe it's the hair not having a chance to grow out more, making his teeth and eyes more prominent.  We will see if I break down and buy a few as I have 90 days to order additional prints.



I bought several of this one because again, you can see the whole outfit.  It's also cute how the photographer had him stick his hands in his pockets, making him look so grown up.  I can't tell you how glad I was that he didn't try to run away this time and knew the red dot was where he was supposed to stand.



The photographer tried to get a silhouette shot, but he wouldn't keep his mouth closed.



Every year, we do the formal Christmas outfit and then a pair of Christmas pajamas (or Christmas related informal outfit, depending on what I see in stores).  We used the same present box in the pic above that he was seen sitting in at 9 months old.  There were things inside the box and of course, Brady couldn't resist.  He found a small stuffed gingerbread man, but was distracted by it, so the box and toys went away quickly.



 Every year, I buy the Christmas Pooh bear that Disney sells.  I usually buy the pajamas first and so far, I've been very lucky that the colors on the Pooh bear have matched.  He was happy to see Pooh (we'd hidden him so he'd be excited), and these pictures turned out better than the formal shots.  I got a TON of this shot and it's the one that will end up on our wall for years to come.



The photographer had the idea to have him lay on his belly and hold Pooh.  She was a little slow to snap the shot above because he'd just finished smiling and looks like he's pouting instead.



The second attempt went much better and we bought several of this shot as well.



They always try to sell you on enhancements which are way more expensive than getting the regular portraits.  I haven't gotten any in a while and didn't get any this time, but they're still fun to share.






I can't wait until next year, when I can put Brady and Izzie B in matching Christmas outfits.  Gymboree is where I've bought Brady's outfit each year and they always offer coordinating sets for boys and girls from newborns up to age 12.  It's always hard to see the adorable girl outfits that have matched his over the years and I can't wait to get to buy one next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment